A Website refers to a collection of several web pages that has similar content with a domain name that is common and that is published on the very least of one common web server
A Website refers to a collection of several web pages that has similar content with a domain name that is common and that is published on the very least of one common web server. It will contain text, images, and videos. E.g: google.com, youtube.com. They have a home page that is the central page. It is also known as the ‘Start Page’ or ‘Index Page’. Nowadays the online world is more than pleasure, it's business.
There are two types of websites- Static Websites & Dynamic Websites.
Benefits of having a Website
• Easy to access as you are always available online for your customers, 24/7. Wherever they are they can access your site with an internet connection.
• There are lots of buying and selling going on the internet. So a website is required for many things such as informing about the various products and services of a company representing the company and supply information about the goods online between buyers and sellers in the form of text, images and videos, and social media links of the company.
• Nowadays the credibility of a company depends on having a website as much as having a physical address. The first thing someone searches about your company is an online presence.
• Online display and shopping option is cost-effective as building and running a physical store is much more expensive when compared to a website. The physical store has a lot of costs such as staff’s salary, rental charges, etc.
• Websites have the biggest advantage of the internet, the ability to break any kind of geographical barrier. It can be accessed by a customer from India Africa or Australia at the same time.
• You can collect more insights from your customer via your site and social media and thus make changes in your products, their promotions, and even the timings of your offline store.
• Purchasing online for a specific product is much easier than going to a physical address. Advertising via Google AdWords, Facebook, etc. has more solid results. Even SEO is a great way to rank your website up and reach more people.
• All your competitors will be online so it's inevitable for you too to create your site and stay in the game and get new customers.
• Websites make customer service easy. There can be a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section on the site to clear doubts and give information to customers. This saves time as well as money and creates happy customers.
• Websites provide a place for growth, showing details about your company in the past, present, and future.
Web Application or Web App
Web Apps have a lot of benefits.
• They are available to all users in the same version.
• They do not have space limitations as they are not installed on the hard drive.
• Web Apps that are based on subscription reduce piracy in software.
• They are cheap and cost-effective